
Finish line
I worked really hard to keep up with those two girls. I eventually got ahead at mile 12. I chased them almost the entire time. It was exhausting!
They fit together like a puzzle.

"Two Halves Make a Whole Marathon"
I ran the Nov. 1/2 Marathon( 13.1 miles) in 1 hr. 52 min. It was the first time I have ever trained on a treadmill (thanks Paul) and the first time running a race all by myself.
I tried really hard to get under 1hr. 50 min. but couldn't quite do it. I ran my first 6 miles in 48 mins! I needed to average a 8 min 23 sec. pace but only ran 8 min 36 sec. pace. Those seconds sure add up fast.Next time!
Bakersfield does not have an official marathon. They do what is called "Two Halves Make a Whole Marathon" instead. They add up both 1/2 marathon races to give you a "marathon" time. Both races have to be completed in the same year. They added my Feb. 1/2 marathon finishing time which was 1hr. 53. (here is the post from Feb) and my Nov.1/2 marathon finishing time to give me an overall "marathon" time of 3hr. 45mins.I received a second place overall female finisher plaque:)
3 comments:
Holly you are amazing! Never be ashamed of a 8:36 pace!!! You don't even want to know how slow I'm running right now, lol! Hang that plaque somewhere where EVERYONE will see when they come to your house!! Congrats:)
Congrats Holly!!
How exciting. :) With Love, Bonnie
Wow. You must reeeeeealllly like to run. I'm impressed - amazing job, Holly.
Post a Comment